Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:42 PM   #1

Default Luxury Mansion in Hollywood? No - Small town in Norway...

You would think this is one of those movie-star or other celebrity's luxurious mansion from Santa Barbara or Hollywood - but no! This is a house found in a small town (population 73 thousand) of Fredrikstad in Southern Norway....

This is NOT one of those "envy"-pictures. I simply chose it to get some HDR-practice.

Not bad for a scruffy little town....and belive me, the garden around is huge!

P.S.: I could only "snap" part of the house as seen thruogh the gate. The mansion itself goes on both to the right and the left on the picture, behind the trees...

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:23 PM   #2

You have covered it well. Very good composition. The details -- excellent. Another place that would look interesting at night with the inside lights on, the lamp by the gate. Perhaps a nice full moon in a dark blue (not black) sky.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:58 AM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Very nice composition...I like how the house is framed with the branches from the trees in the foreground. And the driveway invites your eyes towards the house. My only recommendation if you re-shoot the picture would be to either include the light on the gate post (right side), or crop out the light on the left gate post. Perhaps a couple of steps to the right would have lined it up with symetry. Not a major detractor...just my humble opinion. Not withstanding that, it is an excellent image.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:02 PM   #4

Thank you for your comments, jelpee!

I can see what you are recommending, yes. I should have both lanterns in the picture, and not just the one on the left.

You are right. Such a lot of details, really, but one is missing!

Well spottet, jelpee!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 3:41 AM   #5

Thats just like our house...

Great composition considering you were limited to where you could shoot from

My flickr
Rob_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:37 PM   #6

Default Thank's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_W View Post
Thats just like our house...
yeah - and mine too....

I'v got enough maintenance to do on the one house I have now - wouldn't want to maintain that big mansion as well - so i said: "No!"

Thank you for stopping by and comment, Rob. Much appreciated, and you are right, I had to shoot as I walked by, as the security-guard was keeping a close eye on me already... ...there was only one chance!

Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:22 AM   #7

Not much hinderance for an easy entrance. Wonder who lives there to have a security guard? Being on a public road its not against the law to take pictures of private residences. How about going back at night and take a few with the lights on. Any problems phone 1-800-BYNX and I will send bail money.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote