Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:28 AM   #31

Default Thank you for the trip throughout Stockholm!

Acapulco!

First of all, I must apologize for not commenting before. I have hastily seen your new postings, but I am very buisy at the moment - in other words, I try to do too many things at the same time...

Anyway, I think the lion and the big door in #24 are nice. Specially the lion and the backdrop as well, are well presented. Good and powerful perspective and all the values on the lion itself are perfect.

The big door is quite good also, but I hav a feeling that you tweeked somewhat too hard, giving the neraby wall a 'dirty' look...?

Post # 27: I think this picture of "Gamla stan" is delightful in its characteristic narrow alley. Beautiful light, maybe (IMO anyway) a bit over the top. To me it looks like the walls are dirty. Very nice perspective and the wet cobble-stones give it lots of life! The texture of the wall on the left is terriffic!

The staue of Lars Johan Hieta is another example of my dislike of overcooked HDR's (Details Enhancer). Even though it brings out details and textures, IMO the 'dirty' look is not to my liking.

The Riddarholm-church in # 29 is very good, Acapulco. I am sure it's not easy to frame the whole church, with spire and all in one shot, in the middle of town.

Now, Strömsborg in # 30 is without a doubt my favorite! Its just perfect and IMO a very good architectural shot, besides being a very interesting pice of architechture! Very nice building and very nice take.

Regards from further up north the coast!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:58 AM   #32

Thanks a lot for your comments Walter

I have actually also some negative thought about the ones I have put through Details-Enhancer... I did all these the day after I came home from Stockholm.
I was tired and all that.
I might give some another shot. The ones that I feel, deserve to go through an other try

Yeah, the Riddarholms church was not easy to get framed. I had to hold the camera up-right to get all in one shot.
Had a bit of hurry so I just did it quick. Wish I could do it again

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:00 PM   #33

Found one more statue I have yet to post here.
This is Birger jarl, founder of Stockholm. His real name was actually Birger Magnusson. jarl is actually a scandinavian form of Earl, which means "chieftain", a form of leader for a tribe or self-government.
But jarl in Scandinavian terms is being set to rule a territory in a king's stead.

I know it's hard to see the actual statue. But it was raining and it's quite huge, so please be gentle when you send the negative words

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2009, 6:06 PM   #34

Nice images and well composed.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote