Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:56 AM   #11

Thanks, Ordo!
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:59 AM   #12

Default Love it!

Vvcarpio, you are posting one good series after another. Posh and lush interiors seem to be another arena where you are excelling rapidly! I am running out of superlatives to be able to express what I feel about your shots, and need to look up new words in the dictionary all the time now.

A short memo of how I feel about these pictures:

- # 1 = Lush, gay, luxuriouse and well framed and captured. Nicely balanced composition.

- I specially like # 2 for its rather complicated light-setting, which you - and your ever so clever Alpha350 - pulled off nicely!

- # 4 = a nice capture of a rooms character there, vvcarpio.

- The way you have framed # 5 is just so shrewd, clever and dynamic.

- # 6 with its rich and glowing colors is a masterpice in capturing all these different values. Perfection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
...Compared to the other photos, #3 has less contrast...
But then #3 and 5 don't have much light at all. No daylight anyway. That is why there is less overall-contrast. The little daylight, leaking into the dark atmosphere in # 3 along the floor, is almost annoying to the eye.

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:29 PM   #13

I like #2, too, especially the tabletop that seems free of dust. This is just one reason why I feel the house is well-loved by whoever is taking care of it.

For #3, I took one set with just the right exposure (according to my camera's AP setting) and the rest of the shots I took are on manual but are too underexposed because I wanted to bring out detail from the window glass art. So I'm afraid I did not have enough of a good spread of EV values to work with in the first place.

Thank you for all your comments, Walter!

Regarding looking up the dictionary for superlatives, it's OK. I can do with "astounding" all the time. For example: "The way you have framed # 5 is just so astounding, astounding and astounding." That's all that registers in my head anyway.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:56 AM   #14

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Top class imagery! Were you allowed to use a tripod? Many such places have restrictions on using a tripod. The lighting and compositions make these worthy of being in Architectural Digest...very nicely done.

Re. the model railroad...very cool..I'm a big fan! Thanks for indulging me.

Last edited by Wingman; Jan 28, 2010 at 7:25 PM.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
Top class imagery! Were you allowed to use a tripod? Many such places have restrictions on using a tripod. The lihgting and compositions make these worthy of being in Architectural Digest...very nicely done.

Re. the model railroad...very cool..I'm a big fan! Thanks for indulging me.
Thanks, jelpee!

I didn't ask about a tripod. My wife and I brought our tripods but we didn't bother bringing them inside. I used my gorillapod. However, most of the time, I simply used what ledge, table, or railing was available.

If I were to guess, tripods would probably be allowed. Or at least, if not allowed, they wouldn't bother enforcing. The only people were us (my family and our daughter's friend) and another couple. We pretty much had the museum to ourselves.

I'm glad you liked the railroad pics. I later wished I had taken more. But it came at the tail end of our tour and by then we had been overwhelmed enough that we couldn't wait to post-process our shots.