Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:12 PM   #21

Default A bit late to comment...

...and most has been said already, about this masterly series.

- There are so many (too many to name) beautiful lighted photos of rooms and hallways, etc. and in spite of all that luxuriouse and lush interior, perfectly framed and exposed to vvcarpio's usual high standard - my eyes return to # 15 - time and time again, to admire that intricate light- / shadow-play and the very interesting and very clever applied composition with that shadow on the wall, cast by the windowframe.

The courtyard outside and the arched windows there are underlining it's classical heritage, and the two walls we can see through the window-pane are lighted so delicately and are exposed so perfect!

It is like something painted by the great masterpainters of the Italian Rennaisance! It is like the work of Caravaggio, painted this in his world-famouse Chiaroscuro-style - the obscured light! This could easily be a Venetian palace or the Dodges, or the popes offices in the Vatican.
Or is it an early Remrandt?

...This is what # 15 reminds me of!
:-)
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 8:53 PM   #22

Thank you, Walter, for your many praises! I have to admit I have to catch up on all the artists you mentioned. In time I will because my interest is already piqued.

I took one photo before this, then realized there were shadows cast by the grills, so took another. I'm glad I posted this one.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote