Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Jan 15, 2005, 7:51 PM   #1

I used auto setting to take these pics, I want to know what setting I should have used to get a better shot. I have a minolta a200.
Attached Images

chun8143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2005, 7:52 PM   #2

another one
Attached Images

chun8143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:51 PM   #3

It's always best to use manual setting when taking night shoots to controlISO settings and exposure levels. The tower was overexposed in the first shoot. All the detail was lost. Try playing around with lowerexposure levels. Also, the perspectivedoesn't do a fair job for the picture. I'd probably go with a low perspective from the front. Don't forget a tripod. Good luck :-)
Hoooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:14 AM   #4

Hoooba wrote:
Quote:
It's always best to use manual setting when taking night shoots to control ISO settings and exposure levels. The tower was overexposed in the first shoot. All the detail was lost.
It looks like that was a really difficult scene to shoot, because while you're right that the top of the tower was overexposed, the rest of the picture is pretty dark. The top of the tower must be very bright. The only way to get the top properly exposed while getting decent exposure in the rest of the frame would be to take two photos at different exposure levels (with the camera on a tripod) and combine the two in post-processing.

I think that's a little more in depth than most people want to go, however.

The main way you could have improved the pictures would be to avoid the tilt to the right.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote