Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:50 PM   #1

I have no experience taking architecture, but my normal landscape photos have been totally uninspiring recently. So yesterday I thought I would try my hand at some details of a movie theater near my office. I thought they were more interesting than anything else I've taken recently, but would love some feedback. For instance, the first photo is the mid section of a tower and so the perspective won't allow for straight lines easily. I tried to straighten them and thought they looked far worse.

The funny thing about this last photo - because these statues are so high over your head, it looks like the paws are detailed. It surprised me to see that they are roughly done.

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:51 AM   #2

Good, clean(neat)shots.The architecture seems to have been desingned in order to take benefit of the striking and amusing features of the Baroque. Yet, as we go nearer, regarding also what you also implied for the last shot, we realise the fact that a reproduction remains a reproduction, especially those plaster ones. And for me, your shots, once again, justify a famous statement that you cannot step into the same river twice ... Am I against the use of architectural elements of the past? Absolutely not!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:47 PM   #3

It's a building that can be appreciated from a distance, and fun for Los Angeles, where buildings built in the 1920's are considered "old." I agree with you that it doesn't hold a candle to the real thing. I'm goingto rotate the first one - even though the left side is straight, it would be better if it weren't, and if the center line were straight, right?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote