Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 8, 2006, 8:17 AM   #1

Took a week of vacation last week in the San Pedro/Long Beach area. This lighthouse is on a cliff at the southernmost point in Los Angeles (according to the tourist bureau information).

This is a stitch of nine photos.
Attached Images

LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:12 AM   #2

ladyhawk,

this lighthouse is 4 blocks from my house. they spent a bit over a year refurbishing it in and our including the gardens.

Did you also venture below the 'fence' to the area known as sunken city? Quite a unique thing, the hillside over the years slid down and you can see bits of old road complete with painted lines

Did you also happen to see/photograph the beautiful Korean Friendship Bell? It is beautiful in color and is especially nice at night with it's lights.

So happy to see that someone found one of our hometown special spots. Hope you'll return one day for more!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:09 PM   #3

Becky,

Unfortunately, I did not get to any of the other sights that you mentioned. I was only in San Pedro for a couple of days while my husband attended a business conference. It's a picturesque town and I'd like to go back again.

I probably will be posting pictures from Cabrillo Beach soon. I've posted a seagull picture (taken at the beach) in the wildlife section.
Old Mar 8, 2006, 2:05 PM   #4

Too bad!

The Korean Bell is just up the hill that you traveled down to the light house! you missed a beautiful landmark!

Come back soon!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 10:36 PM   #5

Ladyhawk, I really love the angle you chose to shoot the lighthouse.¬* There is something about the angle of the shadows that compliments the shot.¬* The only small¬*criticism I have is that I would have liked to see a little more of the fence line and flowerbed in the lower right.¬* It just feels a little cut off.¬* Otherwise, it's a very nice picture.¬* I can't wait to see more.¬* All the best, Steve¬*
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 8:54 PM   #6

Steve,

I agree with you about cutting the fence off. Since the lighthouse is on a cliff I could not back away very far. Therefore, I shot nine photos of various parts of the scene and stitched them together (something I haven't done very much yet). I should have either taken some more low angle shots to get more of the fence and ground (resulting in a stitch of 12 rather than 9 photos) or taken more care in my composition of the initial 9 photos. Well, I learned from the experience so I should do better next time.

Thanks for looking and commenting.