Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Aug 20, 2006, 5:59 PM   #1

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2006, 6:02 PM   #2

Shame about the tree to the right

Jimboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 4:15 AM   #3

Very nice..I liked its radiating a warm feel due to the brick architecture. With the use of heavy pediment on its roof emphisized by the flanking triangular forms above the doors, it has an assertive quality, too! And about the tree, maybe you'd prefer it remain a frame only??
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 5:11 AM   #4

I think this is a very nice shot, the tree does spoil it a little it would take hours to clone out, sometimes these things can't be helped.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:25 PM   #5

There is this...

Had to clone out a really ugly cantilevered traffic light, but that was easier than the tree would have been. I still like the other one.

The somewhat massive architecture is found in bulidings dating from the late 1800s to the early 1900s. Some of these buildings were intended as places of defense, either from Indians or (in the Rio Grande Valley) Mexican bandits.

When this building was built, there were people who remembered the Commanche raids in Denton County. There was considerable nervousness when there was a full "Commanche moon."

The Commanches were actually winning, first against the Mexicans, and then against the Anglos, until the six-shot revolver was perfected.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:13 AM   #6

excellent, very good exposure, i think its a better angle of view, great history love that sort of thing.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:16 AM   #7

As a matter of fact it does seem more than' Just a Country Church' even at the first sight ! Thank you for the historical background. It is really appreciated. The additional photo also contributed a lot to perceive more of the edifice.For ex:at first I had thought the flat building to the left was connected to the Church!! I now also gather that the structurehas almost asquareplan.But of course, I might be wrong again:-)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote