Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 31, 2006, 4:59 AM   #1

The UNiROSS Hybrio 2100 mAh and the Sanyo eneloop 2000 mAh go head to head. These are the new type of Ni-MH batteries that can hold a good charge for over 12 months (4-5 times longer than the average Ni-MH battery). I have a set of Sanyo 2700s that I bought at the same time, and they lasted 5 minutes out of the packet!

The results shows you how well these new battery types went. Each battery is tested straight out of the packet. The eneloop is rated typically 2000 mAh (minimum 1900 mAh) and the Hybrio is rated 2100 mAh. Sanyo give the date of manufacture, but UNIROSS do not, so this is not a scientific comparison, but rather a broad guide only. Results can be viewed here: http://www.users.on.net/~mhains/Tab...op-v-hybrio.swf

More data here: http://www.users.on.net/~mhains/Reviews.html

The Doc
TheDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:08 AM   #2

Hello Michael,

Your UniRoss results look similar to what Stuart has reported. His testing was done at a 1.0 amp discharge rate.

I would appear that one of your Eneloop cells was almost fully discharged. The voltage graph is awful. Sincea lot ofcameras shut down at around 1.05 volts per cell, the Eneloop test reveals that you would get about 5 minutes from them.

It will be interesting to see if you can revive your "dead" Eneloop cell...

SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 5:07 AM   #3

You are probably correct about the cell. But I test a set of 4 cells, so I cannot see what is going on in an indivual cell.

I am trying to test about 12 brands at the moment and I will get back to the eneloop later. The few tests I have done, have given me strange results, so I am trying to do further testing looking for some anwers.
TheDoc is offline   Reply With Quote