Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 27, 2003, 5:00 PM   #1
Default Looking for a good 1 to N cell charger

I just recently got a Vanson V-6988 charger which can do 1 to 10 AA/AAA NiCd/NiMH cells individually.

Only problem is that it has a 12 hour protection timer builtin....and since I'm using 2100mAH batteries (looks like it was designed for a maximum of 1800mAH)...the protection timer cuts in before my batteries are full charged.

So, I'm looking for a fast charger that can do lots of batteries at once....full charge my 2100mAH batteries. And do it safely. Ideally something that can do up to 10, 12 (or perhaps 6, if quick) at a time would fit my usage.

I have an MB-E5700 for my Coolpix 5700, so that uses 6 batteries at a time. And, I have my Nikon SB-15 flash...which uses 4 batteries at time. Which is why 10 seemed like the right number. Plus I have 20 cells set aside for use with this setup.

The Dreamer
TheDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2003, 10:34 PM   #2

No specific info, but you could try poking around on this site:

Batteries is all they do. Also:

They sell a lot of different batteries and chargers. You could also try mailing these mail order places just to get info.

Note that I've never done business with either company, so I wouldn't buy from them without doing some research. I know that this forum is a adovcate of Thomas Distributing, for what ever that means.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote