Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:42 AM   #11
Default Rechargeable batteries and charger

Not all batteries and chargers are created equal! The materials used and the way batteries are manufactured will make a difference in their nominal voltage, capacity, internal resistance. If your charge is a 2-channel (must charge 2 or 4 cells at a time) charger, and you are trying to charge batteries that are not intended for the charger (i.e. different brand or low quality), your batteries may not perform as they are intended by the manufacture.

A 4-channel charger is a better type of charger which can charge 1, 2, 3, or 4 cells at a time. Each channel has it's own detection and control circuit that monitor each cell's condition and then charge each cell with what's best for the particular cell.

A high quality charger is not only safe. It also give your battery better performance and extend the life of your rechargeable Ni-MH batteries.

4-Channel charger is highly recommended if safety and performance is what you want. Of cource high quality cell makes a good difference too!

MrBattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2003, 1:57 AM   #12

Just wanted to add: my set of 1700 is still running after a week of on and off daily use. And the spare set of 2100 haven't got the chance to perform yet. Last time, the 1700 would have lost its stamina after a week SITTING in the drawer.

I guess a good charger is very important! Also should avoid chargers with only one LED and timer based.
KW2003 is offline   Reply With Quote