Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:44 AM   #1

just got a canon A 95..

planni to get rechargeable Nimhs --read here tat more than 2000 mAh power batteries are discharging quickily !!! :roll: so shld i go for a less power battery??

camera08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:23 AM   #2

Hello Camera,

I would suggest that it depends on your shooting style...

If you shoot several hundred pictures a day, go for higher capacity cells and remember to charge them before use.

On the other hand, if you shoot 1 picture a day andexpect to be able to take a picture with the same batteriessix months from now without having to charge them, go for the lower capacity cells.

I think that most of our needs fall somewhere in between these two extremes, so we end up with some of each...

SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:04 AM   #3

Get a couple of sets of Sanyo Eneloops, you won't be sorry. Don't be fooled by their 2000mAh rating - given their low self-discharge they will probably outperform the higher rated cells. Most folks charge the cells and then put them in the camera but few ever use them all up before they have self-discharged to the point they need to be recharged again. Eneloops are the best for those that don't want to be constantly recharging their rechargeables
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:38 PM   #4

The eneloops are working well in my girlfriends A540 and Her stepdads Nikon. She uses hers all day everyday and he takes less than 20 pics a year i'd say.
ecap is offline   Reply With Quote