Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 6, 2003, 12:37 PM   #1
Default NB-1LH: Canon vs. third party?

I recently obtained Canon Powershot S400 and wish to purchase a second battery. Which is best? Canon or other third party? What is the difference (besides price!!)? Is the quality of third party batteries good-any particular one? Suggestions please.
mrhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:18 PM   #2

This is something i too wanted to know, and asked at another forum. But i never got a solid answer as to which ones were good. I was told some people had bought aftermarket batteries and had good luck, but some had them die after a couple months, and some even said that the worse ones can leak and ruin your camera ! There is one place that has them for 9 bucks and they are 950 mah !! But that price scares me.

So the problem i found in trying to determine what to get is that there doesn't seem to be a trend...no perticular aftermarket battery has been shown to be good by a number of people. And when someone says a perticular one was good for them, someone else chimes in and says his dies after a few weeks or months. So i guess ya just gotta buy one and take your chances.
dazco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2003, 7:02 PM   #3

We sell aftermarket batteries, I may be partial but they are all manufactured by similar companies, its just the name your paying for mostly. We sell hundreds of the NB-1L batteries for $9.99 each and $6.00 shipping. They have been great for us and hardly ever do we get any back and have never heard of any equipment getting damaged by aftermarket batteries.
Eagleimportsales is offline   Reply With Quote