Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:24 PM   #1

Hi All,

I have some problems with my Nikon battery. I tried to search the forum about my problem but I only found about "false low battery messages on the D80".

So I need someone who can help me. My problem is:

Ihave an extra Nikon battery EN_EL3e for my D80 which isChina made. Black color. I rotate using this extra battery with the original one (Japan made, gray color) I got with the camerawhenever the indicator shown low level. After 6 months of using this spare battery (rotated with the other one), it showed 60% only on the control panel, even it was fully charged. The charge life time on the battery is 0 (new). I am using Nikon charger for D80. I told the seller about this and he replaced it with another one. This time I got the battery (made in Japan, gray color).

But this second one also has a problem after using about a week. But this time the problem is totally different. After charging for the third time, it always show it still has 100% full chargeeven I have already taken 400 or more pictures with this one. Never goes down below 100%. The charge life time on this battery is 0 (new). Also, this second battery is a little tight wheninserting to the battery chamber or taking out from the battery chamber. It sticks in the chamber and I need to shake the camera on the bed a few times to get the battery out.

I should be happy if the battery never dies.Now I am worry that it will suddenly empty during the photos taking events or itmight beblown up the camera.

At first I thought that my D80 battery indicator might be defected and showing the wrong data. But the original battery which I got with my D80 has no problems showing thebattery levels depended on the number of photos taken.

All my spare batteries that I bought have Nikon branded on them and they come with the original boxes and of course not cheap. But Nikon brand stamped on these bodies are not like the original one that I got with my D80. They look like stamping with a homemade handy device.

So I wonder whether these batteries (EN_EL3e) are counterfeit with the Nikon branded or the seller is selling the Nikon batteries which have no QC passed.

Any ideas?
chwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2007, 5:56 PM   #2

Go to Nikons Website and check it out they have a whole section on various fakes that are out there w/pictures:evil:
Coax is offline   Reply With Quote