Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:53 AM   #1

Purchased this brand new charger CHG2000PDSC,It broke with hardly no use.
Does any one know of a GOOD fastcharger that does not BREAK after ONLY 10 charges?

TARGUS has many chargers that look good,even have a car adapter
fuji2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2007, 5:02 PM   #2

You may want to check out some of the chargers here:

The Maha chargers from Thomas Distributing have a pretty good reputation for reliability.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 6:06 PM   #3

I own four of those chargers, and they range in age from 2 to 3 years. One of them (actually the newest one) crapped out after 1 1/2 years (I have no idea how many charge cycles it went through), but the rest are still going strong. Considering I paid less than $20 dollars for them (on ebay), and they came with eight 2400 mAh NiMH batteries (which are still working like new), I had no problem throwing the crapper right in the garbage.

I don't think Hubgiant deals with individuals, only companies. Did you try going back to the ebay seller for resolution?

I agree with Jim...Maha makes a good charger. Check the link he provided.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:20 AM   #4

The seller is no longer active on ebay,

I have been looking around to replace a chargerlike the one i had that just plugs in the wall.Many people use these new ones from Targus digital that seem to be excellent chargers.So i am going for one of these.

fuji2800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:46 AM   #5

Hello Juji,

Keep in mind that cameras need power to operate. That power is supplied by batteries. The best camera and the best batteries are only as good as the charger used to charge the batteries.

In order to evaluate a charger, you need to review the specifications for it and compare those specifications to the data sheets the battery manufacturers provide. If the charger follows the battery manufacturers recommendations, you will probably get excellent life from your batteries, and lots of enjoyment from your camera.

You can study up on batteries and charging at www.batteryuniversity.com .

When I reviewed the specifications of the charger you listed, I found nothing. You may want to contact Targus and see if they can provide you with the charging specifications.

To me, this is kind of like buying a camera that simply says it will take pictures with no other description. You really don't know what it will do, other than it claims to be able to take pictures.

Also, keep in mind that most people spend hundreds of dollars on a camera and review the specifications under a magnifying glass to make sure they get exactly what they want. It seems a little out of character to go out and get the lowest cost battery charger without reviewing any of its specifications...

The best value is to purchase a product that performs up to expectations at a reasonable price.

SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote