Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:58 PM   #1

Hi, I checked the suggested website but did not see Duracell or Energyer recharbeable batteries or chargers mentioned in the article. Could you please compare the power of these two? I heard that Duracell 2650 is one of the most powerful batteries on the market (I am looking for rechargeable batteries for my Canon SX110 which uses batteries A LOT!!). Could you please comment on that? Thanks!
ymafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:51 AM   #2

The power of all AA NiMH batteries is the same, so I assume you're referring to capacity, rather than power. There are quite a few batteries out there which claim a higher capacity then 2650 mAh. I think that the quality and reliability of the batteries are more important the the claim of high capacity. Maha/Powerex and Sanyo are both highly rated, and offer 2700 mAh capacities.

Your camera is rated at 450 shots per charge with 2500 mAh batteries, which is really good. If you were to buy 4 of the 2700's, you would be good for around 1000 pics.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but NiMH batteries tend to self discharge over time, so if you tend to use your camera infrequently, your batteries may not be ready for you the next time you need them. I've switched over to low-discharge NiMH's. They hold their charge for over a year, so they are always ready for use. I have Sanyo Eneloops, which have performed flawlessly for me. They don't have the capacity of some of the newer batteries, but I always carry a few backups with me.

You might want to consider buying four regular NiMH 2700's, and four low discharge NiMH's. That way, you'll have maximum capacity as well as reliable backups.

Steve's has a link to Thomas Distributing, which is a reliable and fairly priced online merchant...I have used them in the past.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote