Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:09 PM   #1

I currently own a Maha C204F charger that charges my 1600mAh and 1800mAh batteries perfectly. I also bought about a year ago 4 Energizer 2500mAh batteries that do not hold their charge for too long. They actually last less than any other batteries I've own. Is there a limitation to Maha C204F in terms of what batteries it can charge? I am actually considering buying even more batteries perhaps 2900mAh.

The problem above only happens with those 4 Energizer batteries (the most powerful i got) that do not hold the charge for a long period. I have tested their charge when they come out of the charger and they seem to be full. The batteries drain very quickly on simple things like a TV remote control.

I was also thinking that perhaps this charger turns off automatically after so many minutes of charge.

Any advice from owner of this charger?

bicchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:18 PM   #2

Hello Al,

The problem is with the batteries...

The 2500 mAh batteries in all brands have problems with high self discharge rates. If you use them "hot off the charger" in an application that drains them in an hour or so, they work very well. However, if you let them sit overnight, they end up basically dead.

In general, the higher the capacity of an AA cell, the higher the rate of self discharge. If you stick to batteries with 2000 mAh or less, this is not a problem.

SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote