Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Mar 6, 2010, 5:27 PM   #11

Well, I got my La Crosse BC-700 charger a few days ago. It charged all of my 'unchargeable' batteries without any problems at all. Looks like my Maha charger isn't worth much. I'll be putting it in a drawer somewhere...or the trash. I wish I had figured this out before I threw away 4 Maha 2700 batteries several months ago that I thought were bad.
J'sRamAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:20 PM   #12

I have a smart charger that doesn't seem to be smart at all, does the same thing but if I put those same batteries in a 7hour charger they get charged. I've always wanted to get the La Crosse chargers.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:44 AM   #13

Interesting. I, too, have a MAHA battery charger and Powerex batteries (Thomas Distributing?) and haven't had any problems through the years charging batteries. However, I do get an occasional blinking red light and assumed that the battery was 'bad' and quit using it. I buy rechargeables regularly, but, only with the low self discharge versions have I found them satisfactory and those were Kodaks.

Around Thanksgiving, Home Depot had a sale on alkalines, buy 30 and get 30 free. That worked out to about 17 cents each, so I've put away the rechargeables and just use the alkalines in my cameras.

But, when I get out that Maha charger again, I'll have to pay attention to it.

Thanks for sharing.

RCovell is offline   Reply With Quote