Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 21, 2003, 10:59 PM   #1
Default Battery Alternatives for SONY P92 Newbie question...

Hey guys just signed up, seems like you all know your stuff and I feel completely stupid asking my question, I'm completely clueless so please forgive me. Picked up my P92 today and love it. Have the original charger and 2 AA batteries. From the links I've seen some people post the Powerex 2200 mAh are the best batteries, now I'm wondering can I use those in my charger? Also can I obtain them anywhere local or do I have to shop online (i'm going on vacation 26th!) im in ct, usa. Also any other recommendations taking price into consideration. Thanks in advance!
AdamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2003, 3:46 PM   #2

Welcome AdamK!

I hope you enjoy your new Sony P92 for years to come. I just bought one myself. It really is a great point and shot digital camera.

Yes you can use other mAh NiMH batteries with the include charger and you Iíll probably only find the Powerex 2200 batteries at a store like Fryís; But I wonít use the include charger at all because itís slower the dirt. 13 hours is way to long, who wants to wait 13 hours to use their digital camera?

Since your going on vacation in just a few days, your best bet is to go down to Walmart or Target and pickup a 1 hour charger with 4 AA NiMH, which will cost about $40. Make sure that the batteries are at least 1700 NiMH, anything slower wont be worth your time or money; and make sure the charger can charge other brand batteries in 1 hour. Some chargers will charge other brands, but at much slower speeds.

Hope this helped.
iStudent is offline   Reply With Quote