Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 27, 2003, 2:56 AM   #1
Default battery life ??? plzzz need some help desperately

after doin alot of research n borin the heck out of everyone out here , i finally got the sonys p72 . it is an amazin camera ,wid good pic quality , though not as good as the nikon (4300) i previously owned , but in some places the pic quality of both the cameras could be compared wid one another . i like the coloe effects that the it offers such as sepia , B & W , and loved th negative one
Now comin to the question ------ im goin to the himalyas for a week (7days) or sooo and out there they dont have any pins or plugs to recharge the batteries and other stuff , so i wanted to know how many extra batteries should i take , assumin im usin the camera extensively , most of the time wid lcd on ????? i already have 3 extra pairs of sanyo 2100mah batteries excludin the one wid the camera ?????
plz give some suggestions as i need some help desperately as im leavin by the 2 or 3 week of jan .
thanz anywayz for ya suggestions ( in advance )
aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2003, 10:50 AM   #2

If the Sony P72 is the only camera you are taking and you take along 3 extra sets (6 more batteries fully charged upon leaving), you should be OK.
However, not knowing what kind of battery usage the P72 eats (I had the Minolta Dimage 7i and did not use the LCD much so I always could get around 250 to 300 pictures on a set of batteries, 4).
To be safe you should also buy a pack of 4 of the lithium AA batteries, they have a longer shelf life, so will be fully charged longer if you need them, whereas the AA nimh batteries discharge faster without use, but will last longer in actual use in the camera.
Other than getting a solar battery charger, that is about all you can do; unless you have car adapter for your charger and there will be some way of hooking it into a car or such.
Other than that enjoy your trip and picture taking.

Good Day,
Steven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 6:42 PM   #3

Wouldn't the cold climate reduces battery life? Might have to take that into consideration.
tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 8:16 AM   #4

Lithiums will handle the cold better than other types but plan on keeping spares near your body for warmth.
Tomac is offline   Reply With Quote