Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 8, 2004, 10:18 PM   #1
Default CRV-3 charger ok for Europe travel? CRV-3 vs. 2200 mah AA

Hello, will the RCRV3 charger work for my travels in Europe? I noticed the 110v-220v, and wasn't sure if I would also need a converter or adapter.
Another question, do you know how the CRV3 rechargeables compare to the higher MAH AA batteries....such as 2200 mah nimh, i.e, how long might each last?
My camera is the Samsung V4 and I haven't used it yet...just got it. It takes either type, 2AA or 1 CRV3. It also takes a special Samsung li-ion battery which is sold with their a/c adapter and battery charger kit for about 90.00 USD. If you have any input on this also, I would appreciate it.
Thank you very much!
lisette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2004, 10:21 AM   #2
Default Battery-X reply

I'll answer my own posting in case it helps anyone, because Battery-X gave me the answer I was looking for. Yes this charger does work in Europe and other countries, and it has a voltage sensor, so it automatically adapts to the currency which I think is neat. The only things it does not include are the adapter plugs, but those are inexpensive and easy to find. Battery-X also told me that the CRV3 rechargeables give you about 33% longer performance than the AA 2200mah NiMh batteries.
lisette is offline   Reply With Quote