Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 19, 2004, 12:49 AM   #1
Default Battery Problem with PDR 4300 :(

I recently got a PDR-4300 from Future Shop. Even before I bought it I had doubts as it was a display model. Well I decided to grab it because it was 250 CDN and it came with everything minus the box. I was a bit surprised at it's cheap price, but the gentlemen informed me that it was an older model and they were getting rid of them to make room for the newer cameras.

Anyways, when I brought it home I immediately started to use it. Low and behold, after about an hour of use, the batteries died. This was very much expected. I looked through my drawers to find some batteries and I had a whole bunch lying around. They were fresh from the package, but these were no name batteries that I purchased about 5 months ago, and I placed them in the correct order and in their right places. I tried to boot up the camera like I did before and it worked! The only problem is, I couldn't believe how quickly it showed the batteries being drained. It literally took 3 seconds and boom it shut down. I was completely dumbfounded. So I took out another set of no name batteries and tried again. It STILL drained them in 3 seconds. Can anyone explain why this is happening?
Mix Maxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2004, 12:09 AM   #2

Forget alkalines in digicams - use NiMH rechargeable type. See my information page on various AA rechargeables here:

steve is offline   Reply With Quote