Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Sep 11, 2002, 12:16 PM   #1
Default 7i AC adapters, any difference?

I've decided to pick up an AC adapter, and hold on the battery pack to see if anything new comes out before I leave on vacation. My question is this, is there any difference in AC adapters? I see the Minolta brand for around $60, and after markets such as the Digicom
for $20. I can't seem to find any specs, ie voltage, and don't know if it matters. I figure the adapter will at least fix the battery problem while inside.
Thanks again,
Upalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2002, 1:19 PM   #2

I use a non Minolta AC adapter ( user selectable x,x,x 6V, 6.5V, 7V) for my D7i ( and for the D7 before) , no problem.
Just one thing I notice: while the D7 is ok when using the 6 volt setting , the D7i require me to set at 6.5 volt ( at 6 volt, my D7i refuse to boot up, measured 6.05 v)

[Edited on 9-11-2002 by KCan]
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 1:52 AM   #3

I too have dared to use a non Minolta adaptor for my D7i, here in the UK 6v seems to work ok, but remember, the input here is 240v. I don't know what the ampage is though, although the maximum for this Uni charger is 1200mA at 12v. It also has changeable polarity, the D7i uses center point positive.
amcbryan is offline   Reply With Quote