Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jul 4, 2004, 5:41 PM   #1

I use the DPS9000 with my FZ10 and tripod and really enjoy the setup except for getting the thing off. I find that the camera will swing unless everything is very tight,but then it takes a vise grip to remove the battery pack. I've tried taping over the rubber and that helps a little. Does anyone else have the problem, and if so, found a solution?

I considered getting a longer screw in the quick-release assembly of the tripod (Bogen) that would go through the release plate and the battery into the camera (and I'm not really sure if I can remove the current screw) or a release plate with a longer screw, , but I haven't been able to find one.

ISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:01 AM   #2

The problem is that the DPS9000 is a universal accessory. If you could somehow epoxy a piece of plastic to the DPS9000 so that it would prevent it from twisting when your camera was attached, that would solve your problem. Back when I had an Olympus E-10 I tightened the DPS9000 to the tripod socket and never took it off from the camera, only when putting the camera on a tripod.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote