Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jul 30, 2004, 1:24 AM   #1

I have a DSC P50 Sony Cybershot camera, S Series. When I bought the camera about two years ago, it came with two AA batteries. These batteries don't last long at all! Maybe 5 - 10 pictures before they're completely drained. Now, I read your review, here: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/p50.html It says optional battery and ac adapter is the InfoLITHIUM NP-FS11 and AC-LS1 charger / AC supply. I can find the battery, and the charger, but I can't find them together. I heard a rumor that the charger doesn't charge the batteries, it's just an A/C adapter to power the camera. My question is, does the AC-LS1 Charger/AC adapter supply power to the InfoLITHIUM NP-FS11 Battery? So I could consistently reuse the battery as long as I have the battery and charger?

Thanks in advance.
kingtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2004, 12:35 AM   #2

Can anyone help me?
kingtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 1:19 AM   #3

Since it's a Sony specific question, try asking in the Sony forum here. There may be Sony users who don't venture into this forum who may know the answer.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2004, 3:37 PM   #4

If you've been using alkaline AA's I don't doubt they go very far. Try using a set of high-capacity NiMH rechargeable AA's instead. The NP-FS11 Sony battery has had a lot of problems so I'd avoid it.

See my NiMH battery page for lots of info, buy the highest capacity cells, i.e. 2300mAh or 2400mAh should do you just fine. And a charger of course, recommend the Maha C-204F or their newer C-204W, both listed on this page:

steve is offline   Reply With Quote