Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 15, 2004, 9:36 AM   #1

I was just wondering if the coolpix batteries are easily available like the AA Batteries that Canon A80 uses. Will these batteries ever phase out in future when the camera is no longer that popular or are they being used for other gadgets.

tyrone_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:31 AM   #2

Nikon 4300 uses EN-EL1 lithium ion battery pack. The 4100 uses AA cells. Li-ion packs are not nearly as easily available as AA cells. You can by AA alkalines in every supermarket or seven eleven. AA rechargeable cells are also easier to find. The EN-EL1 pack woud be available from specialized photo stores carrying Nikon cameras and even then, chances are it will not be a stock item. This is at least the case here in Europe. The 4300 can also be powered by a 2CR5 single use lithium pack. These should be available in most photo stores, but are expensive.
I suppose Nikon will supply the pack for the lifetime of the camera. If you go with a digicam that uses Li-ion battery, I'd recommend buying a spare battery together with the camera. It increases the cost by something like 40 Euro though.

blr is offline   Reply With Quote