Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:46 AM   #1

I was looking for a good deal on NiMH batteries and a small quick charger. I happened to stop into COSTCO and founda Panasonic BQ-390A NiMH Quick Charger with six (6)2100mAh AA's and two (2) 750mAh AAA batteries in a large plastic card package. On the shelf next to it was another similar sized package of six (6) Panasonic 2300mAh AA batteries. The charger and battery combo package was $14.95 and the six-pack of AA's was $12.95. The BqQ-390A charger is about the size of a deck of playing cards and has a fold-out 120 VAC plug on the back side. The charger will accept ONLY AA and AAA NiMH batteries. It will charge 2 AA or 4 AA batteries at a time. 2 AA's will charge in about 2 hours and 4 AA's in about 4 hours. I'm not really interested in the AAA batteries, but they came in the package. A green LED on the front of the charger blinks during charging. when the batteries are charged the light glows steady and the charger switches to trickle charge mode. SO..I wound up with six 2100mAh AA's, six 2300mAh AA's and a nice little quick charger for under $30. Not bad I guess. I gotta go back and buy another six-pack of the 2300mAh AA's though.
SARGE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2004, 5:31 PM   #2

Wow, that charger pack is ideal - exactly what I'm looking for at a great price. When I don't have a Costco near me - if you do go back for somemore batteries - any chance you could pick up a charger/battery pack for me?
NCskiier is offline   Reply With Quote