Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 29, 2004, 3:08 AM   #1

Sry about long tittle (i cant edit it)I mean: Is it possible to replace NB4L 3,7V with 3 AA batteries and how?

I am planing to buy canon IXUS 30 or 40 and extra battery. This camera has3.7v 760mAh battery so ifI have 2 then it is about 1500 mAh (about 300 shots with LCD on).Lets say i am going somewhere where i cant recharge my battery. So when AA are accessible at much lover prices and have much bigger capacity, and i can carry them in my bag and sooner or latter SD disc price will drope, so lets say 2GB i will not be able to fillthis disc with only 2 batteries, specialy when doing movie. Or lets say i am somewhere and run out ofpower, i could just took out my extra AA batteries and problem solvedHow wouldI connect this camera with those battery if possible and what would i need? I am planing to connect those bigger batteries with wires to the camera and that is not a problem?

Problems i see:

-3,7V compare to1,2V or 3x1,2 = 3,6V would that be enough (at least 6000 mAh = 8 x one original batterie)

-how plug this battery to the camera.

I know many Lets say, but i would like to know how to do that or any http site with that advice.

THX 4 any help.

ch0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links