Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 7, 2004, 9:54 AM   #1

:OHello, I gonna buy my first camera in a few days. I'd like to know if this charger is a good one!? And the battery Gama Power 3000mAH are good? Does anybody know these products? What means "the charger is 3000 amp" What is this? Thank you.

For you to know, i gonna buy Canon a95, i think is a good camera to begin is this universe of photos! Thank you

Please anwser me!:?

Gustavo :|
gusbrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2004, 5:25 PM   #2

I've never heard of it. Chances are, the 3000 mAh rating mean that it's charging at a rate of 3000 mAh.

It is unlikely that you'll find any AA NiMH Batteries that have a real capacity of 3000 mAh yet. If it claims to have 3000 mAH batteries, I'd be very skeptical. Sometimes, you even see counterfeitname brand batteries with high mAh ratings (but if you look carefully, you'll usually be able to tell that they are counterfeits with unrealistic ratings). Someone posted a photo of counterfeit Sony AA batteries not long ago that claimed 3600 mAh. Well, they don't make any with mAh ratings that high. ;-)

We have a section on chargers and batteries here. The Maha chargers and Powerex batteries are highly recommended:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:03 PM   #3

100% agree with JimC.

see here:

hj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote