Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Mar 18, 2005, 3:32 PM   #1

Anybody using these batteries? I've seen them in WalMart for about $10 per 4-pack. It seems like they could be very useful for special situations.

Eveready's site describes the batteries:

We also have a short thread on this topic in the Canon forum:

Daniel T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2005, 5:55 PM   #2

I use those a lot: no self discharge, a very long shelf life, and good in the cold - well below zero (F). For sure worthwhile to have a set on hand in case everything else is dead.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 6:39 PM   #3

I agree. They are especially great for low temperature applications. I have a wireless outdoor thermometer that says it is good to -4F (-20C) with alkalines, and it is good down to -53F or so with AA lithiums in it. Apparently alkaline batteries freeze somehwere around -4F. Since I switched to the lithium batteries it has worked great for two winters, although the lowest temp we had in those two years was about -15F or so. Anyway, they worked much better than the alkalines did. The alkalines seemed to stop working around 0 to +5F.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 4:14 PM   #4

Another useful situation is one where you don't want to change cells as often - these cells have been proven to outlast alkalines by a very significant margin :-)

tbone-Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:41 PM   #5

I have used lithum AA batteries in my DiMAGE 7Hi at -20 (F) and they work great.
I also went on a backpacking trip, and lugged along a whole bunch of rechargable AA batteries (like about 4 sets:lol and one set of lithums for my digital camera (as backup), while my friend just brough two sets of lithum batteries for his camera. At the end of the trip, my friend was still on his first set of lithum batteries (while I had used all my rechargables). He took about the same number of pics, and his camera went through batteries at about the same speed as mine.
Lithum AAs rock
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:16 PM   #6

It sounds like lithium AA's are just what I want, both for backpacking trips and as a set of backup batteries to go in my camera kit.I'm going to buy a pair and try them out. Thanks, everybody!
Daniel T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:40 PM   #7

Anyone know how these batteries compare to NiMH and alkalines in regards to recycling time? On my external flash, NiMHs recycle extremely fast compared to alkalines. I'd like to know if Lithiums perform like these as well.
takipsilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 1:52 PM   #8

I think you can expect these perform similarly to Li-Ion batteries or other rechargeable batteries.
(lead-acid, NiCd, NiMH)
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:17 PM   #9

I use them with my Panasonic Lumix.Prefer them over Nimh,
monaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:38 PM   #10

I buy Sanyo AA alkaline 4-pack for $1.99.
That's 0.50c/battery vs. $2.50 as you paid.

Seems only worth it if you get 5x more shots
with lithium vs. alkaline.

romphotog is offline   Reply With Quote