Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Mar 25, 2005, 6:43 PM   #1

I bought a Panasonic FZ20 about 2 weeks ago, and with it, I bought a spare battery. Last weekend I was out and about and I stopped into an auto parts store. I found a device that plugs into the cigarette lighter and said device converts the car battery power, which is 12 volts DC, into 120 ACvolts(household voltage). The device is very compact and fits easily into my camera bag. It cost me $20. I plugged the battery charger that came with the camera, which requires 120 AC voltage, into the voltage converter and re-chargeda completely drained camera battery in under 2 hours. I charged the camera battery with the car motor off, and the car started just fine afterwards.The voltageconverter is made by a company by the name of "Vector", and is rated at 70 watts. At 70 watts you can easily charge a camera battery, or laptop PC, but you won`t be able to run a hair dryer, coffee pot, or anarc welder. You might want to consider such a converter.:G
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:08 AM   #2

I have been using an Inverter for the past 5 years,mine is a 150watt unit,a bit big for the camera bag,used on long boat trips and camping trips,definately the way too go,as you say, do not let the wife plug the hair dryer in.
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 1:34 PM   #3

check these prices

google this - donrowe.com

then look at the inverterdeals. They have a 75 watt for $14 and a 150 watt for $19. Not too bad
mlhm5 is offline   Reply With Quote