Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old May 30, 2005, 1:15 PM   #1

I wondered if anyone has acutally bought the Sony BCG-34HRMD and what their experience has been. I know Steve has recommended it but now that it's been out 6 months I wonder what people have found in the field. Interested in both the good and the bad.

garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 7:23 AM   #2

I haven't used this particular charger, but Sony chargers don't have the best reputation overall. They are known to heat the cells abit too much and some of them don't have a trickle charge to top-off the cells. I'd say there should be better deals out there, something like Lenmar Mach1 Gamma or LightningPack 4000N
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:47 PM   #3

I own that exact model. I can't say much as to comparison of all other charchers since this is the second one I own, but it performs really good especially if you use Sony brind batteries like I do. I think the batteries charge as advertised and it doesn't matter how many you put in or if you pair them. It does both AA and AAA and also has a nifty refresh feature that is supposed to prolong battery life in failing batteries (although I can't prove the validity of that). I think for a $26 tag on newegg.com, it was a worthy buy. Funny how I stumbled here looking for a manual on it >_>.
conspiracyx is offline   Reply With Quote