Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:43 AM   #1

I recently lost my Panasonic charger during our vacation. I have 2 sets of Panasonic AA 2100 NiMH (one which came with the charger and the other an extra set). These batteries are almost brand new and I don't want throw them out.

My question is: can I buy a charger of a brand other than Panasonic (e.g. Energizer) and use it to charge my Panasonic batteries?

Tks in advance for your help.

htb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:20 AM   #2

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:27 PM   #3

Look for a charger that charges to the batteries capacity rather than a timed charge. The Energizer full sized charger does not charge to capacity. There is a 3-5 hour cutoff depending on NiCd or NiMh.

The Rayovac PS3 I'm using charges each cell individually. This is not a fast charger. It takes about 5 hours to fully charge 2100 mAh cells. It does AAA, AA, C, D, and 9 V cells.
KueH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:58 PM   #4

No problem in using different chargers and batteries... except for batteries/charger such as the Rayovac 15mins charger and batteries, since you need the combination of rayovac batteries and charger in order to charge them in 15mins(unless I am mistaken)...

Anyway, I don't personally recommend chargers that charge in less than 1 hour... and even then 1 hour is quite fast...

I recommend the Maha C204W charger, I personally own it and I love it!
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote