Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 16, 2005, 3:07 PM   #1

I'm thinking of buying the BG-E1 battery grip for my EOS300D... but the battery that came with the camera is a canon BP-511 at 7.4V and 1100mAh (about 3months old), and I need one more for the battery gip, and the only one I can find is a BP-511A at 7.4V and 1390mAh! :? will there be a problem putting these two in the same battery grip? or do you have any good ideas of other batterys I could use?

Thanks for your help!
Benzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:41 PM   #2

I just bought the battery grip for my xt and asked some of these same questions form the dealer.

First thing is read the little instruction sheet that came with the grip. It answered a couple questions I had that the salesman couldnt answer. I dont know if the batt grips were made the same way, just for different model cameras but mine says that you dont need to use both batteries in the grip. It will work with just one batt in either slot. Also, the mAh dont matter, as long as the Volts are the same. Volts are how much 'juice' the battery puts out to the camera, mAh is how much capacity the battery can store up (how long it will last). As for you battery being 3 months old, so is mine.

Like I said, read the sheet that came with the grip just incase the 300D grip is different than the 350D in operation.

I just noticed the part # is different for the batteries you listed. I'd check with your dealer to make sure it's compatable. If it's the same size (physically), I'd say it should work since it's the same 7.4v.

overkill is offline   Reply With Quote