Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:46 PM   #61

I decided to stick with the c9000 after hours and hours of reading. It just arrived today and what a beautiful toy for us geeks :-)

Thank you Tom!!! Your posts here and at CPF have been a great resource for me.

I really hope the bc900 issue is fixed with v33. However, I would still recommend anyone with one to make sure the charger is on a timer (like a simple timer you can get at any hardware store) and to make sure it's in a safe environment when charging. My experience with that charger was a wake up call and I would hate to see someone lose property/assets as a result of this charger malfunctioning.

Regarding the c9000 termination issues. I'll never charge at less then .6C - 1C, and will keep it on a timer also. From what I can tell, after many hours of reading, this is not a bug, just an inherent risk when dealing with an imperfect science. Imperfect because of all the variables involved, most notably battery quality/age/capacity.

I think I'll stay away from the newer higher capacity AA's, and buy the previous generation 2000 - 2300 mah from now on. They seem to be much better quality and don't suffer from the same issues as the latest high capacity batteries.
webfors is offline   Reply With Quote