Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:10 AM   #1

From Circuit city I got a nice travel charger the bq-390 for $9.99 on closeout. These I have seen sold at Costco and BJs club packaged with batteries. It is only the size of a deck of cards but will charge4AA or 2AAA batts. Itstakes 2hrs for 2 batts or 4 hours for 4 batts. itcan also chargecells one at a time. Itplugs into the wall directly via a folding plug so no big ac adapter required. It also weighs only about 3 oz so it is perfect for travel and you can power it outside the USA too with appropriate plug adapter. Batteries do not get hot when charging either just warm which helps them to survive. I have two of these chargers as I have a lot of flashlights/remotes that use AAs. I use Panasonic 2100s and Energizer 2500s and they last a long time in my canon A610 camera. Oh these are smart chargers but they do not trickle charge when they have finished initial charge. Fine by me if they only get 95%full. Sanyo has just come out with some small fast chargers that may be good too, but they are a little bit bulkier than these Panasonics.
Roboshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links