Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jul 7, 2002, 12:35 AM   #1
Default Which battery pack is the best ?

I'm looking for external Li-ion battery pack for my Coolpix 995. So far, there're 3 battery packs of my interest. Anybody knows any model more than this ? It'll be nice if someone can give us a comparison among them.

1. Maha Powerbank Li-ion 7.2 V , 1400 mAh. Steve, you have a very good review for this product.

2. Hi-Power 2000 battery pack Li-ion 7.2 V, 2000 mA. This is a battery pack for Image Bank. It can also power digital camera.

3. Digipower DPS 9000 Powerpack
varunyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2002, 2:10 AM   #2

I'm not sure which of those are better but If you would like to make your own external battery pack that will last more than 600 shots or 15hrs+ with the LCD on you can. You can use MAHA or Li-ion which ever you prefer using at least 1700 - 3000 mh "C" cells you'll never need to carry around a bunch of AA's again.
I've shot 128mb + 64mb + 48mb + 16mb in a day using LCD with camera powered most of the time walking around still had power.
I use my own home made external batteries on both my 990 Nikon and Kodak 260 never need to replace internals during any shoots. Can be adapted to any camera. If you would like info go http://www.jtgraphics.net/all_digital.htm and email me I'll be glad to send you details.

Have fun JTGraphics
jtgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2002, 4:58 AM   #3
Default battery pack

I don't know if it's the best, but it is worth a look. www.QuestUK.net
lensecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2002, 8:18 AM   #4

Your number 3 is the best choice, go for it, it's one heck of a power supply for hungry digicam...the price tag is $79 at bestbuy.com or in the store.
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote