Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:16 PM   #1

The Panasonic replacement lists at $60.* Amazon had a listing for a Lexar for $13 so I ordered it but now they're saying they can't get it.I Googled using the Panny part number CGA-S005A/1B which is a 3.7 volt part with 1150mAh.The only thing I got was an eBay listing but it was only 900 mAh.The Lexar, which I can no longer find on Amazon, was also 1150 mAh.* Guess the price was too good to be true.I* tried going to the Lexar site but they only list memory cards and stuff, no batteries.
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:55 PM   #2

The FZ30 will accept the same batteries as used in the FZ1/2/3/4/5/10/15/20 cameras. It is physically a little smaller, and has slightly less capacity, but it will fit. Many people have had success with putting a small piece of cardboard or foam next to the smaller battery to take up some of the excess space in the battery compartment. You can probably find a few sources for the FZ20 battery, which should be considerably less expensive than the $60 that Panasonic wants. The downside is that they will have slightly less capacity. Good luck.

propwash is offline   Reply With Quote