Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:39 PM   #1

Just bought a set of 4 Sanyo 2500 mAh Ni-MHbatteries with "1 hr" charger for $23.60 + tax ($CAD) at Costco today. This was after seeing lower capacity packs and chargers at Wal-Mart and Future Shop for $65 and $60, respectively. It sure was a pleasure to read all the good comments about Sanyo Ni-MH batteries on this forum after the purchase. The "1 hr" claim is if charging just 2 batteries; it took more like 3 hrs to charge the 4 just purchased.

I apologize if it is inappropriate to mention this sort of thing in the forum. I just joined and haven't read the terms of use details yet. If it is forbidden, I would ask the administrator to kindly delete the post.

LarryS in Ottawa, Canada
LarryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2006, 2:30 PM   #2

Hello Larry, I'm also in Ottawa. Haven't been to Costco recently but did you notice if they had the 2700 mAh Sanyo's available? Not to quibble about 200 mAh but every little bit helps eh!

That's a good price for sure. I priced the Energizer (I know - don't use them!) 3 hour charger and 4 2500 mAh's at $ 39.99 at Grand & Toy (and Henry's). So $ 23.60 + tax is a great price for what I hear are fantastic batteries.

Gotta go make a trip to Costco.

BStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:52 AM   #3

That's great news! That Costco's actually does carry the Sanyo 2500 mAh cells. I too would love to know if they also carry the 2700 mAh variety. Are they also sold without the charger?

Btw...You can order Powerex 2700's from www.paulsfinest.com for $16.95 for a 4-pack. I think shipping is $6.98. Add taxes and they are priced roughly the same.

Any how, I guess I'll be making a trip to my neighborhood Costco soon. I'm assuming if they carry Sanyo NiMH's in the Ottawa location they should in the Toronto locations.

Will post again later whether or not I find the Sanyo's.
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote