Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:17 PM   #1

I have seen sony memory stick 1GB cards for only $30 shipped on EBAY that are normally around $80 anywhere else and Replacement rechargable lithium batteries for the Sony SDC-W100 digital camera on EBAY as well.

Are these too good to be true? Is this legit? Has anyone ever bought either of these things through EBAY? (If you want to see the list that I'm looking at, search EBAY with the keywords: Memory Duo 1GB )

Just curious and looking to save money on accessories.

mtugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2006, 3:33 AM   #2

Never bought any memory cards but I've bought replacement Li-Ion batteries for my Minolta A200. The first one I bought about a year ago was so-so. About a month ago I bought a couple more A200 batteries and these have been excellent so far.

These batteries are about 1/3rd the cost of OEM.

All of these are Chinese made so if you're skittish about Chinese made replacement batteries please look elsewhere.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:19 AM   #3

eBay used to be a good place to buy memory cards but now it is simply a zoo of swindlers.:evil: The best advice is to buy froma reputable online source such as: ecost.com, buy.com, newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com or the like. They are all quite competitive price wise and you know that you're getting the real thing.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:00 PM   #4

Google fake memory stick ebay for your answer .... unless it's a seller with long term positive feedback, you're asking for trouble. And odds are you won't get much of a deal on eBay for the real thing, I often see people pay more than store prices.

Look for a deal on memory stickin the fatwallet.com forums, IIRC my last 2GB Pro Duo was about $60 after a rebate

Or look on pricegrabber.com for a decent price, but as steve notes only buy from decent vendors ... it's not worth the trouble of dealing with the brooklyn camera shops, fly by nights, etc.
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 5:06 PM   #5

You have to be very careful on eBay. When you are searching for memory cards, there are guides you can look at to help you spot the counterfeits. They state there are sometimesmore than95% fake. It's possible that even the highly rated sellers don't even know what they're selling, as most of them don't supply real pictures and use stock photos.
Razor06 is offline   Reply With Quote