Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:21 PM   #1

Hi, I have owned a set of 8 energizer 2500Mah AAs for about a year and they work fine, shall I note that they have green topped positive sides and that the batteries are made in Japan, I charge them now on a Duracell Fast charger/Trickle charger, should that make them last any longer? Also I recently purchased a set of 4 2650Mah batteries. All of these batteries are circulated in pairs of two through my flashlight a streamlight Jr. Luxeon which if you use ordinary alkalines will only last an hour. The flashlight is digitally power regulated
Lightingguy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:39 AM   #2

Hello Lightingguy,

Fast charging is convenient, however it is harder on batteries than slow charging.

With high capacity cells (greater than 2000 mAh) you can expect 150-300 charge/discharge cycles if you slow charge them. Fast charging will drop that down to around 100 cycles.

With lower capacity cells (2000 mAh or less) you can expect 500-1000 cycles if you slow charge them.

I believe the problem with fast charging has to do with the heat build up at the end of the charge cycle. Heat kills the NiMh chemistry.

SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote