Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old May 24, 2003, 7:06 AM   #1
Default Maha Fast Charger

After having my MAHA C204F looted from my vehicle, I replaced it with the C401FS...the fast-charging option.

Even though I still use "slow" charge most of the time, it's nice having the option to speed up the process, when needed.

The four separate charging circuits are nice, too...and I believe them when they say those circuits will give each battery a fuller charge.

What I wonder whether I should believe is that because this charger doesn't have "conditioning" capability...i.e., fully discharging a battery before charging...that "conditioning" is no longer needed.

The FAQ at Thomas Distributing simply states "The C401FS charger is so advanced that the internal charging circuit makes manual conditioning unnecessary."

What do you think?

reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2003, 8:53 AM   #2

I was curious about the "Flex" technology, too. And, I found no answers. I considered that the Maha chargers have been getting great press, it would have been a simple matter to include a conditioning mode, and Maha would not want to risk their reputation by conning us. The reviewers that have said they were great would toast them. So, I'll see how my 401 does but so far I think it's great. I'll really have to leave it up to the more technically minded reviewers to decide if it's really great.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote