Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 3, 2006, 7:30 PM   #1

I appreciate the rule about posting being taken for the challenge and not of old photos (although some still do!) but in this case I coudn't resist. This was taken back in about 1980 when I travelled from England to Germany (by bus) to watch the best roack band in the world (my humble opinion). I can't remember the camera or the settings but I just loved the shot .......
Attached Images

billiedougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:03 AM   #2

Wonderful silhouette of a great band! Rumor has it there may be a renuion in the works for a very limited world tour in a few years.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:34 AM   #3

The photo is a good capture of the band (for a moment I thought you were talking about the Beatles when you said "the best band in the world", then I realized you probably meant a post-Beatles band... LOL). Can you make it any bigger?

I like the old Genesis (with Peter Gabriel). I really don't carefor Phil Collins that much, although their first album w/o Peter was quite good. However, as far as progressive rock bandgoes, Ilike YES the best (just my opinion).
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:27 PM   #4

Just to get my two-cents worth in here, although I'm not a rock fan, I think the Beatles were absolutely the WORST group that ever existed.

As for the photo, it doesn't do anything for me. Understandably, at the time it was taken, I am sure you were much more interested in the band than the quality of the photograph. I also suspect it was taken with an Instamatic or other small camera that could easily be concealed.

In this forum, we are trying to encourage people to improve their photographic skills by providing shooting assignments and critiquing the results. It's kind of like a photography class online with new assignment every two weeks.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:51 PM   #5

Cal,

What I said was,

"I appreciate the rule about posting being taken for the challenge and not of old photos (although some still do!) but in this case I coudn't resist".

As long as we have consistency about the photograph(s) being taken during the fortnight of the challenge then I'm all in agreement........but it is clear reading many of the posts that this is not the case.

Anyway, it was actually taken with an slr and was part of a range of photographs taken as an enthusistic amatuer in Germany........
billiedougie is offline   Reply With Quote