and another
Attached Images

CharlieWinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:01 PM   #6

and another
Attached Images

Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:46 AM   #7

Hi Charlie, I'm not one of the moderators of this forum but I can tell you that the rules are two entries/day with two pics per entry.

Now,as far as your photos go, I like #1, #3 and #6. The second has potential but you really needed a tripod (or sit the camera on something). The image is also very noisy, either because the ISO was too low and you tried to add light in PP or the camera does not handle high ISO very well. If I was posting these pictures, I'd have picked #1 and #6 and made them bigger.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:12 AM   #8

Okies.

As far as #2 goes, it was about 6 am give or take, with no tripod owned at that point, and very little manual control on my P32. I had to retire it with an overused broken automatic lens cover. I have a larger 8x10 version that I actually printed and framed, after I worked it in photoshop, and cropped it, it is still slightly noisey, though not as noticable after the doctoring. I thought they needed to be as near to straight out the camera as possible, so I just resized and uploaded the originals without cropping. Anyhoo, I just got a SONY DSC-H2 about a week ago, still waiting on my card for it (stupid holidays, and lack of mailbox access), so I am limited to about 9 pictures at a time until tuesday. I'll be snapping away like crazy again. I used to post here under another name a long long time ago, but it seems the rules have grown a little bit as far as submission. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

In the final output version of #3, you cannot see the purple haze, and I bring the bridge to a complete shadow, and adjust the background a bit. It's another one of my 8x10's that were on public display. This is the raw unedited version though.

Where do we post images for the hell of it, I can dig through my mess and find the output photo's for those two.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:15 AM   #9

Hi Charlie..Welcome...thanks for participating in the forum. We try to keep to two images per post out of respect for those who have dial up.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos. We change challenges every 2 weeks.

I like number one...the feathery palm makes a great silhouette.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:15 PM   #10

Hi Charlie. Vanessa explained the reason for the posting limit. If you want to post a large number of pictures, I suggest trying one of the other forums such as the Landscape forum.

You have some very nice shots here.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote