Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 14, 2006, 5:15 PM   #1

Be really gentle with these pics. I took them last year while borrowing a friend's camera and unfortunately the camera she had and my lens did not work together. On top of that,her camera was 35mm and I didn't have a scanner so had to get the pics put on a cd. Hopefully I can go again this year to reshoot these pics with my own camera.

In these pics you will seea flag, but on the side you will also see banners. Instead of using just ordinary signs for bathrooms and beverages and such, the designers decided to use banners. So there are banners ALL OVER the station.

alphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:14 AM   #2

Alphie, the strong vignetting actually created an interesting frame around the open hall. I'm not sure I understand what is going on because thesecond photo should show less vignetting than the first since it was zoomed in quite a bit but the dark corners are just as large (unless perhaps you did not zoom inbut got a lotcloser instead). Exposure is good and in terms of composition, I like the first shot better. It may not be very creative but it gives a good idea of the overall size of the hall.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 1:36 PM   #3

The translucence of the flag and the bright light from the window behind it do not make a good combination. I assume the building is well lit at night. Can you try a shot after dark. I think the flag would show up much better. Remember to make sure your WB is set for either auto or incandescent to compensate for the incandescent lights.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote