Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:02 AM   #1

Dear friends please do not confuse this with an ethnocentiric cry, which, in my book, is immaturity!
I admit I don't take my exaltation where many others around me may take, but it's only after seeing the very sign of Goddess Astrate, born in the Fertile Crescent, the cradle of civilizations, I am in awe...
It is the crescent forming a pair of bull horns which holds Anatolia as Tauros(Bull) Mountains surging across the Mediterranean, and over which the Sun Disc of the Hatti stands.
In this flag, I can see the eternal counterparts intertwined, the first deities of human kind; the goddess of fertility and love, kin of Isis, Ishtar, Hathor, Artemis and Cybele, daughter of Mother Goddess, along with the Bull deity whose blood, symbolize vital power like the wine...
Regards,
Bahadır

Canon S70, F6.3, 1/30, center weighted
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:34 AM   #2

Bahadir...the colors arestunning in your photo.

Thanks for sharing your feelings about the flag. Beautifully stated, but I have always been impressed, you have such a way with words.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:06 PM   #3

I agree with vsch. You have quite a way with words. I always look forward to the grace and intelligence that you put into every history lesson and photo. Ethnocentric cry, nonsense. Everyone should know the history of their own country, and be proud of who they are. Its one thing to know history and pride. Its quite another to disparage others in the name of pseudo-patriotism.

What are the buildings in the photo? It looks like some sort of small mausoleum in front of a government building.

Christopher
cyancey76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:24 PM   #4

Very well done, Bahadir. I echo the thoughts already expressed.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:05 PM   #5

Good capture, I really like how the redflag pops out of the picture !!
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:15 AM   #6

Nice capture, Bahadir. Interesting architectural contrast between the foreground and background buildings.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 5:59 AM   #7

Vanessa, thanks for your kind compliments. As for the colours, I missed a few bus to return home from job just at the rush hour! but now with your words I am glad about carrying always my camera with me richly pays back

Ah,concerning me and the words, I shoud say that I have always appreciated an Italian proverb saying; fake love does not sell :-)

.................................................. ..............................................

Christopher,I am humbled by your words of appreciation. Thank you so much!Extremelyhappy to hear your feedbackhinting me thatI am sharingthose inspirations with kindred spirits

Quote:
Its one thing to know history and pride. Its quite another to disparage others in the name of pseudo-patriotism.
You definitely make an important distinction worthy of noting here, which Iagree by heart...

Btw, your estimation about the background building is correct. It is the town hall. The edifice in the foreground, on the other hand, is the historical clock tower, the symbol of the square, about which you can have further impression clicking the link to an earlier serial shots of minein the Architectural Photos section.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...uilty+in+Izmir

Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:18 AM   #8

Cal, thank you for the incentive ...And I'd like to echo whatI said some time ago, that I have always admired your degree of knowledge and insight to comment on almost any issue!

.................................................. ...........................................

Boily, so nice to hear that positive positive comment from someone with good taste like yourself... Speaking about the red flag popping out of the picture, I shoul say, especially about sunset time, she would not but help pop out

.................................................. ..........................................

Tullio, your keen observation, again!!, reveals my concern for contrastingthe modernand the past. You must also have noticed the crescent and star reliefs flanking the door of the historical clock tower.

Thank you for stating yourinsightful opinion

Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:55 PM   #9

Greetings, Bahadir. As ever, a very beautiful picture. Your amazing sensitivity to your surroundings and your appreciation of history are qualities that I wish were much more common than they are. I totally agree with the other thoughts posted here.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 6:27 PM   #10

Thank you Toshi! Reading your kind words I almost heard the echo of such sensitivity mentioned in your reply