Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 23, 2006, 4:50 PM   #1

Although only 12 miles from the border, I didn't have time to go over to Tijuana for lunch. Settled, instead, for San Diego's Old Town. Placed my order in my best Spanish (Number 12 Combination, please), and sat under the shade of the restaurant's portico -- swatting at what were probably illegal Mexican flies.

The blonde waitress couldn't have been more than 17, but she kept calling me "Sweetheart", no doubt angling for a big tip. She was obviously a bad judge of character.

The meal arrived and looked delicious, to me and to the flies. And there, to my joy (considering the timing of this challenge), sat a little Mexican flag sticking out of my enchalada. "Aaha", I thought, "how can I best use this?"

First I posed it alongside a facimile of the tip I left her. :-)

Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2006, 4:52 PM   #2

Next, I propped it up against an amputated tree limb.

Attached Images

Old Sep 23, 2006, 4:53 PM   #3

Then, I sat it inside a flower.

Attached Images

Old Sep 23, 2006, 4:54 PM   #4

For the next5 days I'll be in Cleveland, Ohio. Who knows what I'll find there! (Do street gangs have flags?)
Old Sep 23, 2006, 5:50 PM   #5

Walter,

Neat idea about the food flag. The irony of it all is that those tiny flags were probably made in China.

Cleveland, Ohio. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame must have some banners and/or flags!

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:40 PM   #6

An interesting idea, shooting the flag in different settings. This is a concept that can be used for many different objects or props. In this case, it dosen't matter that the Mexican flag is small. It is what you do with it that counts.

My wife got me started on this idea a couple months ago. We started by going out one day with child's rubber play ball about eight inches in diameter and a miniature soccer ball about three inches in diameter, a roll of duct tape (to defy gravity!) and all of our camera gear. We spent the day shooting these props in a wide variety of settings. The following day we added a pink toy lamb to the collection. We got some really interesting shots. Since that time, my still carries the little lamb and soccer ball in her camera bag and shoots them every chance she gets.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote