Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 17, 2006, 6:36 PM   #1

Last month was the wine making season and again I went out to negotiate with a vineyard owner to pick the best of grapes! Now you see the squeezed grapes in the barrels to leave their mystic purple colour and tanin to the pulp. Ah, there's also my son to get this 'art' from me as I had gotton from my dad (which couldalso qualify asa contributoryunderlyingrepetitionof the imageas well as theapparent one Btw, this chaingoes back to Silenus who first taught winemaking to Dionysus in the mountains only a few hours' drive from where I live!
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2006, 9:24 PM   #2

What a handsome young lad, Bahadir...a younger version of you? Thanks for the earlier invitation to visit. Now, with this shot, you've increased the urge. Save me a glass or two, eh?
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:04 AM   #3

A fine photo and interesting thought, bahadir!

I agree with Sir Walter the poet... you have a handsome son... though you might humbly say he takes more after his mum? :blah:

Seriously though too.... I like the story you gave behind the photo, giving more detail and interest. When will the wine be ready? I might have to join Walter to visit you for a fine drop or two...

I also noticed another (subtle) repetition... the floor tiles I think add to this inan almost subliminal way. Well done with that (even if in your subconscious!) :-)

Cheers.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 5:36 AM   #4

Bahadir,

Iam reminded of,

"Here with a Loaf of Bread beneath the Bough,
A Flask of Wine, a Book of Verse---and Thou
Beside me singing in the Wilderness---
And Wilderness is Paradise enow."

Or as in the Fitzgerald version,

A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread--and Thou
Beside me singing in the Wilderness--
Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!

The link between the present (your son) and the past (you and your family) ismost apt and appropriately done.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:15 PM   #5

Quote:
...a younger version of you?
Walter, thanks for the compliment. I hope this version does better:GOK, I'll try not to be a fussy papa!
Quote:
Thanks for the earlier invitation to visit. Now, with this shot, you've increased the urge. Save me a glass or two, eh?
I'll arrange T-bone steak to go with the wine if you care Ah,somewhere overlooking the Aegean!

.................................................. .......

Paul, I would be very much pleased if I'll be able to honour my invitaton to you also. In fact I intended to send a bottle to youas a wedding congratulation but learned that I wasn't allowed to send any liquid by post unless it is medicine ): Well, in fact it is medicine:!:Anyway, it shall be done...Btw, my wine is not mature yet, still requires a month or two, but Ihave my favourite brand here which is quite handy

Ah, about who my kid takes after... I'll be humble enough tosay clever genes just know where they go:-)He managed to take my father's green eyes as a start!

Quote:
I also noticed another (subtle) repetition... the floor tiles I think add to this inan almost subliminal way. Well done with that (even if in your subconscious!) :-)
Hey, you've proved to bea great observer and the most talentedpsychologist as well:-)
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:17 PM   #6

Oh, I love Omar Khayyam!

Selvin, one more thing to appreciate you: Even under difficult circumstaces your heart remains that of a true bard's, dealing with the sublime always...A loaf of bread, a flask of wine, a book of verse ....here's how the poet creates his realm of beauty , like the swallow making its home simply out of mud and straw...