Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 28, 2006, 7:26 PM   #1

I drive by this place everyday. I finally had an chance to stop and take some shots.

philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2006, 9:50 PM   #2

Very nicely composed with great color. I am curious about the hazy appearance ot the top part of the picture. Is that fog or smoke? If not, do you know what caused that? It can probably be fixed in PS or PSP. I may give it a try. If I am successful, I will post the results if you don't mind.

Cal

Here is my attempt at fixing it:
I loaded it into PSPX and selected the top half of the photo with a feather of 150. This causes a very gentle transition to whatever tool is applied. I did an auto contrast adjustment and an auto saturation adjust to the selection. There is still a little haze but not nearly as much.

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:59 PM   #3

Carl that is fog. It had just risen from around the cabin. It also accounts for the white background behind the trees. Ileft it in because it was part of the scene and typical to the area. In fact, I applied a quick mask then used the gradient tool to apply a gentle "curves" adjustment for contrast to the bottom half leaving the foggy partalone. It was to the eye a soft scene this morning when the photo was taken.
philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 11:52 PM   #4

Very well. Ignore my edit. I had fun trying it and learned a bit more about selections with large feathers in PSP. Enjoy and show us more.

Cal (not Carl)
calr is offline   Reply With Quote