Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 11, 2006, 4:17 AM   #11

Thank you fofa! I remember some of my mom's old cook stoves, wish I had one of those antiques! Does it mean your old when you visit a antiques shop and see "old things" and you remember when they were new and you used them everyday? I am old fashioned when it comes to my coffee to this day.

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 8:06 AM   #12

bhammitt wrote:
Quote:
Does it mean your old when you visit a antiques shop and see "old things" and you remember when they were new and you used them everyday? I am old fashioned when it comes to my coffee to this day.

Bob
I guess that depends, but from my experience, however, yes.
My wife wanted a phone to match the new stainless kitchen. I found a wall hanger in stainless, and bought it for her (what a nice guy ). It has one of those push button pads that is in the shape of a dial. My daughter (about 11 at the time) had the biggest problem finding the numbers. When I showed her a picture of an actual old rotory phone and explained how "things used to be" she said "Man I would never make a call on one of those, too hard to use!" Then when I explained numbers with 9's or 0's in them took even longer to dial because the dial had farther to travel, she was just dumbfounded.
I went through a lot of coffee making gadgets, and came back to the percolator. Much better than drip coffee. Followed a close second by my french press.
fofa is offline   Reply With Quote